Chewy Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert snack ginger Gingerbread M&Ms dark chocolate cinnamon Christmas cookie American winter
Ingredients (36 cookies)
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 bag (9.90 oz.) Gingerbread M&Ms
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling dough in
Preheat oven to 375º F.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
In a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the molasses, grated ginger, egg, and milk.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Don't forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Chill the dough for about an hour. (Or if you are in a hurry , pop it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes)
Then with cookie scoop measure out dough and roll into balls.
Next roll the balls of dough into granulated sugar and place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Gently press M&Ms into the dough balls without flattening them out too much. (I used three M&Ms per cookie)
Bake 10 minutes at 375º F. Remove from the oven and place on cooling racks until completely cooled. You can eat the remaining M&Ms while you wait!
Powered by Recipage